"What does carnival mean to you? Why not become a Carnival Ambassador!"
How to become an ambassador
This year’s ambassadors and Royalty selection will take place during our annual Fun Day on Saturday 1st June at Frome Victoria Park. Please register by 1.30pm, judging will take place between 2 and 4 pm depending on number of entries. The Judges this year are kindly coming from the Trowbridge Carnival Committee
The Carnival Ambassadors and Royalty role is to;
Represent Frome Carnival at a range of local events.
Promote the charitable aspect of the Frome Carnival.
Support the committee by assisting with fund-raising events.
Demonstrate 'Carnival Spirit' – by being an enthusiastic and positive supporter of the Carnival!
These roles are open to both males and females. There is no upper age limit and we would welcome ambassadors and royalty of all ages:
There will be no 'beauty pageant' aspect to this event – instead the selection of the Ambassadors will be based on their ability to fulfil the role described above. This will be judged by a panel of three objective people who will ask each entrant a number of questions.
Click here - to get an idea of the sort of activities ambassadors will be involved in.
Carnival Prince or Princess
Aged 7 to 12 Inclusive and live within 5 miles of Frome. This will be judged on personality and ability to represent Frome Carnival at fundraising & publicity events throughout the year.
Junior Ambassador – Aged 13 – 17 inclusive. Senior Ambassador – Aged 18 and over (no upper age limit). Must live within 5 miles of Frome. This will be judged on personality and how entrants feel they can carry out Ambassador duties and be the Face of Frome Carnival.
Carnival Gran AND/or Grandad
Must live within 5 miles of Frome. This will be judged on personality and ability to represent Frome Carnival at fundraising & publicity events throughout the year.
Past Ambassadors and Queens
Learn more about the Frome's carnival Queen history and its development into the carnival ambassadors role.
Conditions of Entry:
1. All entrants must reside within the BA11 post code (plus Coleford, Corsley, Chapmanslade & Dilton Marsh) and meet the specified age restrictions.
2. Please dress appropriately! We would request smart dress please.
3. Ambassadors will be in post for twelve months . Its important that you can get involved in all the ambassador duties so please check out the example list for details click here -.
4. If selected you will be required to attend all carnival functions in smart clothes, wearing the provided 'Carnival Ambassador' sash.
6. There will be a prize for each Ambassador: this will be given out on completion of a successful twelve month period in post.
Follow link to see Frome Carnival's safegaurding policy.